Unless you're a designer, the details involved in designing a great website are bound to be confusing. Among the myriad of technical questions that have to be answered are font and type mechanics, graceful degradation, cross-browser compatibility, etc. And that's why it's so important to work with a professional designer that knows their craft, like the designers you'll be working with at Radium3.
So what are a the main benefits you can expect from investing in a professional web design?
- Credibility - A great design conveys professionalism and the ability to be trusted. It implies that your organization is trusted by others as well because it has sufficient resources to spend on added details like web design. For many customers, your website may be the first interaction they have with you. A great design can make that first impression great.
- Ease of use - A great design makes it easy for your clients to interact with you, increasing your chances for a successful relationship. If your client becomes confused or loses interest because of needless hurdles like poor design, chances are that you will lose their business as well.
- Results - A great design is critical for results. The bottom line is that a strong design makes your business more credible and easier to interact with.
Here are a few ways you can be ready to work with your designer to get the most from the design process:
- Set up priorities - Take some time to brainstorm the primary interests your potential clients will have in interacting with your site. Make sure this information is well-organized and quickly accessible by grouping similar information into broader categories that can be accessed via your navigation bar.
- Keep it simple - The main page of your site should typically act as a hub that guides clients to the information they're interested in. Reduce client frustration and navigational difficulty by working with your designer to keep the page uncluttered.
- Go out on a limb - If you want your website to stand out, be sure to give your designer some space. Clearly communicate your needs and desires, then let them be creative. Their expertise and knowledge should allow them to create a site design that balances your individual needs and their creative prowess.
Working with Radium3 to set up your website will be an exciting process for your business. And by being prepared, organized, and flexible, you help to ensure that you get the most of your website's design. Be sure to check in next week for the next this series.
Other pages in the Getting Results series:
Posted on Wed, November 3, 2010
by Vince Conn filed under