New Features: Hotkeys, Open Graph
Over the last few days, we've rolled out a couple of new features on the Radium3 platform. Check out all the details below.
The ESC Hotkey
Radium3's first Hotkey went live last week. The ESC key can now be pressed when visiting any Radium3 site to accomplish the following:
- If you are not logged into your website, pressing ESC will take you to the login page and, once logged in, it will redirect you to the page you were previously viewing. This is the fastest way to get from viewing to editing a particular page on your site.
- If you are already logged in, the ESC key will toggle between preview mode and edit mode.
- If you are logged in and viewing a settings screen, the ESC key will cancel and take you back to the page you were previously viewing.
Facebook Open Graph Integration
Radium3 websites now provides automatic integration with Facebook's Open Graph. If you're wondering, "What is Facebook Open Graph Integration?" just know that it helps make your web pages look better when people like them or share them on Facebook.
This new feature also makes it possible for you to control which image is used by Facebook when you or others share a link to your page. Here are a couple of points to keep in mind:
- If you upload a website logo on the website settings screen, that logo will be used as the default image on your home page and as one of the Open Graph images on all pages of your site.
- The first image in the first element of your main region will be used as the default image on all pages of your site.
- If you don't want to mess with any of this, don't worry! We'll do our best to pick the best images for Facebook to use automatically.
We hope you enjoy all the new features. There's much more to come so stay tuned!
Posted on Mon, July 30, 2012
by Tim Wall filed under